Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is why I love my roommates


This is Allison. I admire her for many reasons, but today my ode to her concerns her dedication to her heritage. EVERY DAY without fail she will venture over the the fridge, pull out her tortillas and cheese and make a quesadilla. It is a quite the task, a struggle some may say, but from the bottom of my heart, thank you for holding on to what is dear to you.


In all honesty though, I love people's attachments to strange cultural traditions. Lately I have been aching to go to Ireland and see the green my ancestors once saw. I am amazed by the diversity we are surrounded with throughout the world! It has become a new goal of mine to raise my children out of the country for a few years so they can taste of different cultures. But for now, I will settle for my banjo music and come to terms with my own hick, American, back woods heritage.

No comments: