Friday, August 7, 2009

My family and I spent fourth of July on the lake with the Novots and Motts



The kids have a creek by their house so every year we go and gather new rocks add them to our zen garden. This years addition included sea glass and a heart shaped rock. Last year, we spent five hours in the creek and the parents had to come find us. So much for me being the responsible adult figure designate to watch over them!
The whole crazy gang! Except mom is taking the picture and Jay, Lisa and Scott are still at school. But almost the whole gang!
Every time we get together, we crowd around the smallest table and play golf. It gets pretty heated from time to time. But only when we attempt John's strategy of taking the worst cards first and then realize that thats not a very good idea after all. :)
It was a gorgeous and sunny day. We deserved it after all the rain.
The girls and I shave our legs together every time we meet. The tradition started when Al was old enough to and we decided to shave together to invite her into the next stage of womanhood. haha
I know when I am going to hang out with them a week before when I start getting texts like, "don't forget the razor!" or, "ew my legs are nasty! Hurry up and get here!" Dang I love them.
A gathering is not complete without badminton! Notice the sparkley hats?



1 comment:

Christine Armbruster said...

Andy Goldsworthy would be proud of that first photograph, for sure.